Alpha client patch .11 changelog
We're back! We took a break last patch to focus on some performance issues, but now we're steaming ahead with the release of the ranked Summoner's Rift queue.
As always, be sure to take surveys as they pop up and submit feedback and bug reports using the buttons on the client's alpha homepage. The alpha discussion board is the happening place for alpha testers.
Not yet signed up? Here's the application form.
Lobby and the End-of-Game Screen
Just some performance tweaks here.
- The infinite queue: Lobbies now detect when a queue is disabled without the player having to close and reopen the client
- Lag-no-mo': Client performance no longer takes a huge hit when quitting out of a lobby
- If you're good: Added Loot and Loot messaging to the end of game scoreboard. Players should now see when they get a box or key fragment from S's and S-'s
A couple of minor tweaks. The hide offline feature was busted for mega-popular people with maxed-out friends lists.
- Forever Hidden: Turning off "Hide Offline" will now persist if you log out and back into an account with a large friend list
- removedObjectively Irrelevant: We've removed the object that shows your lobby in the social panel. You'll still see the queue timer and invite objects.
Other New Stuff
Ranked is coming this patch! For reals this time.
- newNo but really: The draft pick ranked queue will ship during this patch
- newBigger (or smaller) is better: Added ability to increase and decrease window size, by using the keystroke combinations ctrl + or ctrl - (ctrl 0 will restore the client to the default size).
- newThe Faker Daily: Added an Esports hub tab where you can see Worlds news, scheduling, and standings.
- newNo loss for you: Match History now correctly labels early remakes when appropriate.
- Spaced Out: The spacing issue between blocks that caused some elements to be out of alignment has been fixed.
- Top/Mid Lyfe: Fixed a bug where opening and closing the invite panel could break position selection in a draft lobby
- Aye, that's not a chest: Fixed a bug where the chest earned notification was displaying a key fragment image
- Client without a country: Fixed a weird bug that caused a black screen on the end-of-game screen if you changed regions
- Who let the chat out: Fixed a bug where the end-of-game chat was overlapping with player objects in the scoreboard
- You shall pass: Fixed a bug where players were seeing a login error on the first login attempt.
- We heard you like errors: Error messages weren't displaying if you closed the client from the taskbar while a behavioral message was on the screen. You know it's bad when even your error messages have errors. We fixed it!
- Thanks, Heimerdinger: The login screen was failing to show up sometimes, blocking logins altogether. NO LONGER.
- Congrats on reaching champ mast–: Mastery messaging was getting cut off at the bottom of the pop up message that appeared when players reached a new mastery level. We tweaked it.
Here’s a list of the biggest issues and bugs we know about in this patch. There's no need to submit a bug report if you run into these:
- ARAM only: The trade window persists after the timer runs out when a Legacy player initiates a trade with an LCU player
- Mastery levels five and six still shows the mastery experience bar despite it always being full
- Mastery points and icons are not updating correctly after adding/removing points quickly
- Several summoner spells show incorrect cooldown times
- The crafting recipes menu appears sometimes offscreen
- Sometimes, when players get essence, there's have no popup displaying how much they got
- The tool tip that shows Highest Grade and Chests earned is missing
- On the champion details page, players are unable to see the second QWE abilities of champions with multiple forms
- Club chat history displays all text as one chat bubble
- Incorrect user and role is shown in the notification when promoting, demoting, or transferring ownership of a club
- When players shift places in the club member list ,their icon doesn't move with them
- Players with lower-end machines may experience more than acceptable performance issues on draft pick. We're still working on this!
- Various champion splash art isn't centered when viewing the champion mastery portrait in the end-of-game screen
- Players are not able to initiate a full repair until after they log in
- Various champion splash arts are not centered when viewing the champion mastery portrait in EoG
- When you are on the EoG Screen with an S message, if you open a chat window, the message will appear again
- The client becomes non-responsive if the save prompt for the rune page is still on screen during an AFK detect, or after players are invited to a lobby while editing a Rune page
MOST HILARIOUS BUGS
- Login music will start to play when the player has been disconnected from the Internet
- Occasionally accepting a game invite in the AIR client from the LCU client will cause the invitee’s name to display as “Sum132”